Come as you are
Your gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, skin color or pink hair are part of who you are. TOur customer is an equal opportunity employer and we stand for equality and inclusion. If you’re a team player, an expert and are ready to shine, we would love to welcome you to the team.
What You'll Do
We are in need of a Product Manager that has a solid background in building and maintaining Cloud Native Applications (SaaS). Once you are working for Our customer you will become responsible for our journey towards Micro Services where we closely work cross-team to build new Cloud Native Applications (SaaS) to help innovate in domains and offerings, of Discrete and Process Manufacturing, Equipment Rental, Application, and Business Integrations, Enterprise Mobility, Business Productivity, and Business Intelligence and Analytics.
You will be able to set the future for these solutions by creating a vision for the solutions that contains a description of the future state, but also a roadmap on the transition to that state. As you go you always keep in mind the bigger purpose of Our customerand the goals that are defined as well as the market changes and disruptions. Our asset-centric solutions include engineering, manufacturing, servicing, and renting or leasing assets. We also deliver customer-centric solutions that help companies align technology with strategic goals, operate more efficiently, and provide the best possible experience to their customers.
Using the roadmap, you will translate the 3-year roadmap to 1-year goals and down to individual Epics that will be executed within a Program Increment.
The content of the Epics is clear to everyone, has been discussed with the team, has received consensus from the team and has been estimated towards time needed to develop. You will then present these Epics for approval to our board and report back to the team to let them develop. Once an Epic is ready, you will take ownership by signing off on it and together with our Marketing Leads you will work together to inform the world what we have done and the added value we deliver.
Of course, you will also be in contact with partners, customers and potentially other stakeholders, as they are part of your source. With ease and confidence, you should be able to take the stage and present our offering, process and results.
We have several solutions on Finance & Supply Chain Management as well as on Business Central. We have requests from partners, customer but also from Microsoft directly to add functionality (“fill white spaces”) to our existing solutions, but we also have the important move towards Micro services.
Combine these subjects and you see that we need to change the way we look at our solutions from an “ERP-solution” to a solution that fills a gap or relieves a customer pain, regardless of platform or device. Our product portfolio is about to change and shift towards Micro services meaning that we have quite the journey ahead of us to create smaller cloud native applications instead of full ERP offerings.
Our solutions are mature, but maturity can lead to complacency and we cannot afford that. We need to keep innovating, both functional and technical. Here also the importance of Customer Experience is growing which we need to closely follow, identify and act upon to make our solutions the best of the best in terms of customer experience.
First year forecast for the role
You start by exploring our solutions and the visions that we have created for our domains. Based on that you can closely connect to the teams to help them move towards Micro Services. Your experience is going vital to the success of each domain as you are a cross-domain player in the product management community. Important is that we always keep a close eye to the business value we want to deliver to our customers. During that period, you will be immersed in the Program Increment process of creating Epics, estimating them, defending them to the Portfolio Management Board, prioritizing the for PI planning, involvement in PI-updates and retrospectives.
At the same time, you will reach out to existing and potential new customers to present and discuss the solution, the vision, gather ideas and feedback.
Based on all this information, you will then update your vision document and the roadmap, and you will define and discuss the Epics with the team that, once delivered, will materialize your roadmap as a tangible change in the product.
A day in the life as Product Manager:
No day is the same, there is no average day. You will be working on so many different things at the same time, depending on where we are in the PI and where you stand in the realization of the roadmap.
Hectic is the key, remaining calm is the objective.
Overall role goal
As a product manager you play a primary role in defining and setting the vision, strategy and roadmap and feature definition for your products within its domain and you ensure that they are aligned with the overall strategy towards the future. You are responsible for guiding the success of your offerings and will guide the cross-functional team that is responsible for building and improving it.
What You Need to Be Successful (Minimum Qualifications)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with a Cloud Native Application (SaaS) tech-provider where you have successfully managed building customer-centric SaaS offerings,
- Experience in business domain warehousing, production and manufacturing is a big plus,
- Being able to conduct primary market research to create focus and depth around understanding of the target customer,
- Experience in understanding how customers want to buy and use an offering,
- Deliver requirements to engineering for product features that support growth goals,
- Serve as the champion of customer insights to guide growth and adoption,
- Execute strategic marketing & sales communications aligned with mission and goals of the domain/product,
- You are an experienced presenter and evangelist of your domain and offerings, who is easily able to present the vision and direction internally, on events, at customers, partners and other stakeholders world-wide. Furthermore, you play a vital role in the marketing of your product portfolio,
- Analytical skills to determine market and trend viability,
- Fluid in English, verbal and written,
- Self-driven, motivated individual with the drive and confidence,
- Ability to work with people from different continents due to Global scope,
- In the future, due to Covid-19: Availability to travel frequently (~30%), including occasional evenings and weekends.